26 Jul 2007

Daisy Chains - my collection of short stories...


Hello everyone

As some of you know I have published a small collection of short stories. The book is available in Canberra at Smiths Alternative Bookshop 76 Alinga St Canberra City (in the Melbourne Building).

Description:
Take a journey from
New York to Sydney, Jenin, and Brisbane. Intriguing stories of shock revelations, betrayal, loss, grief, forgiveness, grace, and political and personal conflict as well as much more.

"You don't expect your life to change forever on a balmy, September evening walking to the ATM to get money for dinner. But mine did." One Beautiful Night.

Some comments received about the book:
A Gem of a Book 25 Jul 2007 (From Lulu.com)
Each one of these stories is a little gem. Intriguing, and too the point. The author doesn't waste her words as she describes the action and scene. Very well written.
Anne Rogers, Australia.

"The stories pulled me in straight away and I couldn't stop reading them until the end. Very compelling," Karen Eggleston, Australia.

"I've finished reading your book and I enjoyed the stories very much. They are well written and I lived with the characters. They were the right length and the endings were subtle enough to keep the reader interested." Michael Acton, UK.

"I especially liked the bit of a twist in the first story, Forward Thinking, I loved it. Maybe the idea of giving one's life to a greater cause spoke to me a bit, I'm not sure," Joseph Picard, Canada.

"I loved reading this book. It struck me as original and interesting. I especially liked the Forward Thinking story." Kris Wynn, Australia.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best wishes for your new book! The cover is great. I was just reading about the Blurb product over the weekend - good to read about your happy experience.

Best,

Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com