13 Dec 2006

My story in Amazon Shorts

Hello everyone

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I am entering the Amazon Shorts Story Competition.

If you are interested in voting or publishing a story in the competition, you need to join Gather.com and then you can vote and post.

The below link is for my entry :

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976860205

The Wall (story).

My story will be live for fourteen (14) days from the date it was published. At which point Gather will remove the entry and tally my votes.

How to vote? Read, vote and comment through the following:

1) Join Gather.com so you can vote for my story. join link.

2) Click on the link to the story and vote.

Thank you very much for your interest. If you wish to notify me of any stories you are posting. Let me know.


3 comments:

BleedingHeartCommunist said...

Dear Miss/Mrs Strong,

Recently I ran across an article you wrote on Helium on the topic of flash fiction. I would respectfully ask that you consider my rebuttal, posted at the URL in the postscript of this message.

Sincerely,
Bleeding Heart Communist
http://www.helium.com/tm/127183/defense-flash-fiction-other

Barbara Flowers said...

Hi Suzanne - how did you go with the Amazon competition? I tried to respectfully read the rebuttal above but could not open the URL. I wonder what it was about?

Suzanne G Strong said...

Hello

I haven't read it yet, either. I think it would be refuted my opinion on whether you can make a well rounded short story in micro fiction of 100 words. I think that almost becomes poetry, not prose.

However, I know there are many people who disagree about this and that is fine.

Flash fiction is fine, as it is longer than micro fiction - it falls between the 500-1200 words bracket.

I admit there are probably some talented people who can write an amazing piece in (50 words) short form. Basically that is what the above rebuttal is about.

I would rather continue to write than get weighed down in debate over these things.