27 Jan 2007

Amazon Shorts Story Results

Hello

Thank you to anyone who voted for my story on Amazon Shorts Story Competition.

My story The Wall - was in the top 7 places out of the 600 or so entries in the competition based on votes and average. (I received 88 votes, 7.8/10 and 106 comments).

It turns out that the other story called The Wall won the editors pick! That was pretty funny, I thought.

I would recommend people entering these types of competitions. Even though it is very difficult to win, you receive comments from people all over the world and also you find out whether your story and your writing has resonated with people! I found it an extremely rewarding process.

I posted the story on many groups on Gather.com and received comments from people from many different countries. The great thing was it wasn't just people I knew or family, but strangers who read the story and really liked it!

Anyway, I found it an amazing, positive and confidence building exercise to see that you came in the top 8 out of hundreds of people was great for me.

Thanks anybody who voted and commented! I really appreciated it.
Suzanne

3 comments:

James Simpson said...

Wall-to-Wall winners!

Congratulations on making the top ten out of 600 -- that's a huge accomplishment! Nice going.

Jim

Barbara Flowers said...

yes Suzanne - congratulations. Now you can give us all tips, regards Barbara

Suzanne G Strong said...

Thanks heaps, guys!! I was happy with the result.

Thanks for showing interest.

By all means go in the competition and I can definitely give you tips on joining lots of the groups on Amazon and making contacts...

Thanks again.