13 Nov 2007

Mini Manuscript Assessment

Hello again

Today my mini manuscript assessment from Vignette Press arrived. It was about some of my short stories included in Daisy Chains the collection I sold earlier this year. The assessment was very good. It contains a lot of encouraging information about your writing as well as the problems and areas that need to be addressed.

There was some very valuable feedback set out in detail for me. I would recommend getting a mini assessment from Vignette or other organisations that do them. I have not had any from other companies so I cannot compare but I did think what I got was profitible for me to move forward as an artist.

What I have taken away from this assessment is that I need to keep working on my novel. I am definitely taking the comments and advice on board and will be implementing these elements in future pieces. Overall, I am really glad I got this assessment done. It helped me to see some of my strengths and weaknesses and has caused me to focus my efforts a little more in certain areas of my work.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hey Suzanne,

It's Bonnie ( swimming lessons ! )
Just thought I'd let you know I stopped by to check out your website ! I can't wait to read some of your stuff ... But not tonight ! It's much too late and I need too go to bed, even though it's so quiet with everyone asleep !! ha. If only I didn't need sleep to survive !!