20 Sept 2007

Novel is moving

This morning I am so pleased and thankful that my novel is moving forward. Some great themes and plot and character developments are forming, in my head anyway. I have also decided (thanks to some of my friends in YON) that I am going to set myself a deadline of February for a complete draft of the novel. There has been a cloud over this novel for a little while now and I am grateful that it is lifting. Just keep going until the draft done and then be prepared for many revisions.

Veny said in the last YON class about how Peter Carey wrote ten versions of the Ned Kelly book in different points of view until he completed the one he was happy with. I can understand starting from scratch because sometimes it is hard to just move words around, sometimes you need to totally reconstruct the scenes and action etc. Anyway, that's sometimes how I feel.

I am just going to keep moving forwards. Work, life and doing things for other people in our lives take up a lot of our time so when the creative flow starts to move, we should hold on tight and ride it like a white water rapid, until we reach the end of river.

No comments: